Memorable Quotes

Though we can never leave life without experiencing some measure of loss, grief, and pain, misery is optional--as is happiness.

Beverly Campbell

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Erma Bombeck

Thursday, July 8, 2010

One of my friends gave a Pride and Prejudice party. She is in love with Mr. Darcy. Her Mr. Darcy took some pictures for us. Some came in the appropriate dresses. Others of us were just happy to be there. It was potluck and if possible we were asked to bring food from that era.
No Smiling!
There was even a test. It was hard. Some of us helped each other a little bit but the cheaters didn't win. I think we had the most fun!
This is my daughter who is taking five of my grandchildren and moving to Houston in two weeks just so she can be with her husband, and our hostess's daughter. For those of you who like Jane Austen I would suggest having a P&P Party.


The next day my hubby and I went to the cemetery, met my brother and his wife, and put flowers on Mom and Dad's graves. I find cemeteries to be fascinating. Each headstone has a story to tell. This particular cemetery has beautiful scenery and to the right of this photo an incredible view of Mt. Hood.

2 comments:

Idaho Quilter said...

I just stumbled across your blog & just had to comment. Jane Austin is one of my favorite authors. I recently moved to the Fairview area, doesn't seem to be any quilters or quilt shops in the neighborhood. I have been to Fabric Depot, but not the same as a quilt shop. Do you know of any shops?

Barb said...

Looks like a fun party, I loved the movie.

I too like cemetries (I can't spell worth anything)....it is like a history book...and if they could speak?