Memorable Quotes

Though we can never leave life without experiencing some measure of loss, grief, and pain, misery is optional--as is happiness.

Beverly Campbell

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, August 12, 2009


OK...I need to catch everything up to date. On July 9 my husband chauffeured our friend, Michele Watts, in the Sandy Mountain Festival parade. Michele is Oregon's Mother of the year. It is a well deserved honor for her.

As soon as we got everything cleaned up from camping I started working on the quilt that Regena had asked me to help with. It has been a comedy of errors for me on this round but it turned out beautifully.

First of all I decided to do a flying geese block. I had forgotten how time consuming they are. Then...after I started sewing the first blocks together I realized that I had cut out too many squares of the dark material.....four times as much as I needed. After I got the squares done I realized that I needed more squares so I really didn't cut out four times too much only two times too much. After I got ready to sew the first strip onto the quilt I realized that I had my measurements wrong and needed 1 1/4" more length. Forgive me, Regena, I cut off the extra from her round. I did give her enough blocks that she won't need to do much for the last round except sew four patches....if that is what she wants to do. Check on her blog to see the finished project. She is trying to catch up on her BOMs so it won't be until next week unless her type AAA personality kicks in! This quilt will go to a family in need.

Now to camping pictures.

This is one small group of seagulls and pelicans we saw. There were thousands of birds at the beach the first week. We could see about four more large groups from where this pictures was taken.

Many, many pelicans. I guess there were problems with the food chain in California so they decided to come eat in Oregon.


Our teenage young men kept us well entertained!

They snitched the Nerf dart guns from the little kids!


My niece and her family live close by so they came to visit. They actually rode their bikes to the campground.

They have quite a bike train going!


Ft. Stevens is a beautiful park. Here they are riding off into the sunset!


Our youngest was trying to learn to ride her skateboard. Her older sister broke her foot doing the same thing at the same park twenty some odd years ago! That made for an entertaining camping trip that year!

Our son just put a new diesel in his Ram Charger. He informed us that it couldn't get stuck. Guess he was wrong. His three year old fell asleep in the truck while he was trying to get it unstuck. This is the same son that brought his welder camping. He needed to do some more work on the truck.

Stuck? No just bogged down and couldn't get out without shoveling sand for quite awhile and then using tow ropes.


I've saved the best for last. You can't have a camping trip without smores and more smores and more smores and.......you get the idea.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Yay for camping! Someday when we are old and gray - we might get to come and actually CAMP!

Jodi Nelson said...

LOVE your post. FLYING GEESE! HOLY SCHMOLY!!!! You're nuts!

Carrie said...

YAY! Camping was awesome :)