Memorable Quotes

Though we can never leave life without experiencing some measure of loss, grief, and pain, misery is optional--as is happiness.

Beverly Campbell

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Erma Bombeck

Monday, June 29, 2009

We had a fun weekend. Saturday we invited our son and his family over for a bbq. Our daughter and her hubby had planned to go to friends for a bbq but instead we invited them over here. We had a good time visiting. The kids had fun playing on the hammock and playing Guitar Hero. Family and friends are the best!

I finished my quilt challenge quilt! It is definitely titled "WILD!"


I didn't have enough money to go buy backing so I used leftovers. I'm very pleased with the outcome.


After I finished longarming my friend's grandson saw the quilt. He decided he needed to have it. Sorry, Gabe.....you'll have to get grandma to make you another one! I had fun on the longarm and experimented with my quilting. I'm getting braver. One of these times I'll try some pantographs. Until then just call me free hand Sheri.

6 comments:

Barb said...

I love yours...it is wonderful. It is fun to see how different everyones are. come by and see mine sometime and the young mother that is doing it with me.

Pat said...

I just love your WILD quilt and you did a good job long-arming it, too.

Jodi Nelson said...

Hey Free Hand Sheri! ;o) You have like two quilts in one! Very cool. ooxx`jod

Candace said...

That's a beautifully bright quilt! You did awesome. Can't wait to see you guys this coming weekend.

Selena said...

I think it turned out great...even wilder when you see it in person! make sure to give some sunglasses to the lucky person who gets to sleep with that quilt ;)

Kim said...

Your "make do" backing turned out to be just the right thing for this quilt. And I do love the wildness of this quilt.
Kim