Memorable Quotes

Though we can never leave life without experiencing some measure of loss, grief, and pain, misery is optional--as is happiness.

Beverly Campbell

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Erma Bombeck

Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm back again.....finally. I finished the auction quilt for school.


I"m not the best photographer. The colors aren't quite true.


This is a little bit better but is still pretty dark.



At least you get the idea. I loved the pattern. It went together quickly. It is from Quick Quilts. I think it is this month's issue. My friend is borrowing it right now.


Here I am basting the top on the longarm. Have I mentioned how much I love to longarm. I find it to be very relaxing. Of course, I don't do fancy patterns but eventually I will expand from loops and meanderings.


Stand up straight and smile. (That's what they told me to do.) A happy Hummer (that's what I call the longarm because that is what it does) makes for a happy quilter.


The other day some of the grandkids were here...just hangin' with Aunt Wendy.


A couple of days later they were here for piano lessons but the youngest was all tuckered out. It looks like things are pretty boring at my house but, trust me, they can get pretty wild.

7 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

The quilt looks great! Love the post. Love the pic of Auntie and the kids! ooxx`jod

Pat said...

I love the quilt....how lucky you are to have a long-arm and also to have ROOM for it.

Candace said...

Great job on the quilt!

Liz said...

The quilt turned out awesome!! :D LOVE it.

So piano lessons get rowdy at your house? Sounds like my kinda teachin'! :P

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

Sheri
The quilt looks great! Good job!
Regena

Carrie said...

What adorable children! ;-) The quilt turned out awesome as always! Thanks for all the piano lessons!

Kelly said...

Great job finishing the quilt, can't wait to hear how much it goes for. The one of R asleep is adorable!